iPad Leather Case



This is my first attempt at making a leather case for the iPad. It’s also the first time I’ve worked with leather, so it’s kind of rough and unfinished, but that’s how I like it. Thanks to John Sanders from www.joxasa.com for helping me pick out the leather and excellent design advice.



I started out with a full frame around the edges, but due to the flexibility of the leather, the center parts of the frame tended to lift up, so it didn’t look or work very well. I cut the center of each edge away at angles from the corners, so that the iPad is only held in by it’s corners. This retains the iPad very well, but I can’t easily slide it in and out of the case like I had originally planned. Once the iPad is in case, it’s not coming out anytime soon. The edges are left wide and unfinished for a rough appearance, and added drop protection… Hopefully.







Comments